FW: [cap-talk] "Don't Prohibit What You Can't Prevent" vs. "Secur ity is Economics"

Karp, Alan alan.karp at hp.com
Thu May 13 13:23:12 EDT 2004

Kay-Yut Chen, an economist here at HP Labs, wrote the following comment on Zooko's note.  "QM" is a reference to work he has been doing on applying quantum mechanics to economic problems.  For example, he and Tad Hogg have a paper on using QM to address the free rider problem.

Alan Karp
Principal Scientist
Technical Computing Research Group
Hewlett-Packard Laboratories