[cap-talk] A plea for subjects

Jonathan S. Shapiro shap at eros-os.org
Mon Nov 1 20:41:07 EST 2004

There are many conversations going on under a small number of useless
headings. I just want to plead with people:

1. If your reply covers more than one subject, reply once per subject
and adjust the subject lines accordingly.

2. Within a subject line, stick to the topic.

For people browsing the archive 10 years from now, this will be
essential. For people like me who already get 5 times the mail we can
read, it allows us to stick with the threads of conversation where we
can contribute usefully.

shap