[cap-talk] More on capabilities for query languages (really capabilties for WWW)

David Hopwood david.nospam.hopwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Apr 8 11:57:14 EDT 2005

Ian G wrote:
> John Carlson wrote:
>
>> Is someone working with the W3C on this?
>
> Hopefully not!

The protocols you might need to change (TLS, PKIX) are IETF
protocols, anyway -- and if you wanted to standardize any
new protocols, it would also be better to start with an RFC.

I'll refrain from political statements about the W3C, but I don't
disagree with Ian. (Their standards do have one good idea: specify
explicitly which parties each conformance requirement in a standard
applies to.)