[cap-talk] What is a capability-based wiki?

Tyler Close tyler.close at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 00:27:50 EDT 2005

I've just put out a second attempt at a capability-based wiki. This
one incorporates most of the feedback I got from the first attempt.

On 8/7/05, Ian Grigg <iang at systemics.com> wrote:
> Perhaps well-known places could be replaced with
> aliases?

Ok, we now have an easy to remember URL for the read-only facet of a term.

We also have:

- Easy conversion between a page definition or a redirect.
- Some small syntax changes.
- Xanadu-style transclusion.

See:

https://yurl.net/cap-talk/test

I think clever use of the redirect functionality enables version
control much like that suggested by David Hopwood. Fancy comparison
between versions isn't there yet, but maybe an AJAX programmer would
like to give that a try. Should be very doable using the underlying
web-calculus interface.

Anyways, have at it. Let me know what you think.

Tyler

--
The web-calculus is the union of REST and capability-based security:
http://www.waterken.com/dev/Web/