[cap-talk] DonutLab Tech Report now available

Jed at Webstart donnelley1 at webstart.com
Sat Feb 5 20:59:46 EST 2005

At 08:23 PM 1/26/2005, marcs wrote:
>People might be amused to know that HP has published our tech report on
>DonutLab. It can be found at
>
>http://www.hpl.hp.com/techreports/2005/HPL-2005-5.html
>
>When I read this short report, I worry that I don't cover enough technical
>detail. Of course, the real purpose of the report is to get people
>interested enough in the results so that they ask me about it. But for the
>folks of elang and captalk, the technology is already understood well enough
>so that nothing in the report is likely to seem unbelievable, magical, or
>too-good-to-be-true. PPOC is just that good :-)
>
>--marcs

You say:

It constitutes about four pages of code, much like the other services: a
page of
setup and configuration code, 2 pages of code for the actual service, and a
page of documentation.

Why not distribute (either on the Web or through this list) the four pages
of "code"
that you describe above.  From the looks of things that would be comparable to
the report.

I don't know if I would understand what I was reading, but I would certainly
take a look.  I'm curious to see what it looks like.

--Jed http://www.webstart.com/jed/