[cap-talk] Objects and Facets

Charles Landau clandau at macslab.com
Mon Aug 7 19:39:45 EDT 2006

At 4:18 PM -0700 8/7/06, Charles Landau wrote:
>I would be happy if someone can suggest a more intuitive word to
>replace "composite".

Here is a proposal.

Define "atomic object" to be what MarkM calls an object.

Define "object" to be an aggregate of one or more atomic objects - 
what MarkM calls a composite.

An "object" is only well-defined if you specify the collection of 
atomic objects that it comprises, which can be awkward to specify, 
but often it is clear from context.

More information about the cap-talk mailing list