SICP lectures (Was: [cap-talk] Potting the web-calculus - peace?)

Tyler Close tyler.close at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 14:30:22 EST 2006

On 1/1/06, Karp, Alan H <alan.karp at hp.com> wrote:
> John Carlson wrote:
>
> > Well, I've studied Lisp in an AI and Programming Language class.  Is
> > there a particular lecture, or should I download the whole
> > course?  I'm downloading the first one, but it looks like
> > it's going to
> > take 2 hours.  Shouldn't be too bad to brush up on this stuff
> > though.
> >
> I haven't watched them yet, but Tyler has.  I'll leave it to him to
> reply.

Watch them all. They are brilliant. It is very rare that one has a
great idea, implements it well and explains it well. Abelson and
Sussman hit this trifecta with their SICP book and lectures.

http://swiss.csail.mit.edu/classes/6.001/abelson-sussman-lectures/

Tyler

--
The web-calculus is the union of REST and capability-based security:
http://www.waterken.com/dev/Web/

Name your trusted sites to distinguish them from phishing sites.
https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=957