[cap-talk] Wiki With Reputation Tracking

Ben Laurie ben at algroup.co.uk
Mon Jan 9 10:53:37 EST 2006

Reviving an old thread from December, in which reputation tracking was
touted as an answer to wikispam, and the sybil attack was pointed out as
why this doesn't work well with anonymity.

George Danezis and I wrote a paper about a system that's designed to
give you anonymity and sybil-resistance, not yet published but feel free
to point people at it:

"Private yet Abuse Resistant Open Publishing"

http://homes.esat.kuleuven.be/~gdanezis/AbuseRes.pdf

Not the most elegant system in the world, though I guess automation
could smooth off rough edges. But, as noted, this is a known-hard problem.

Comments most welcome.

Cheers,

Ben.