[cap-talk] Capabilities in C# (revised)

Stiegler, Marc D marc.d.stiegler at hp.com
Fri Nov 3 11:19:41 CST 2006

> Hmm, David Wagner is more optimistic of the claims. :-)

Yeah, when the real security guys say your claims are too weak,
something funny is happening :-)

> I was considering adding "potentially", as in, "DarpaBrowser
> is a potentially malicious", rather than the current,
> "DarpaBrowser is a malicious". One more long word, but closer
> to the truth.
>
> Or perhaps you would prefer something like:
>
> The DarpaBrowser is a simple, extensible web browser that can
> *safely* load and run any sort of malicious plugin or web-application.

I like this much better. It focuses on the point that is both simpler
and more important, namely, the confinement by the browser of its
components, rather than the confinement of the browser by the desktop.

--marcs