[cap-talk] Milton Friedman Quote

Mark S. Miller markm at cs.jhu.edu
Fri Nov 17 10:33:32 CST 2006

Milton Friedman died yesterday. He was a great man, about which many will
write more eloquently than I will attempt here. Reading his obit this morning
in the Wall Street Journal, I came across this quote which struck me as quite
relevant for thinking about the future of object-capabilities:

         We do not influence the course of events by persuading people
         that we are right when we make what they regard as radical
         proposals. Rather, we exert influence by keeping options
         available when something has to be done at a time of crisis.
                                             --Milton Friedman