[cap-talk] Ok, I'm being a bit cheeky here. I'm half way through designing a new

Sarah Crowther Sarah at reeve.me.uk
Tue Nov 21 08:49:22 CST 2006

Ok, I'm being a bit cheeky here. I'm half way through designing a new MUD system, details available on request, and I found I needed a good access control system. I was pointed towards Capability Systems as a solution, and they look perfect. Only problem - I have no idea how to implement one, even less in the system I am putting in place for my MUD (should be relatively easy, if I knew what I was doing).

I would appreciate any pointers, and/or people rushing to help me code to get their name up in lights (or more likely hidden in little letters in the source code for a MUD which will never achieve anything other than a listing on MudConnector and an average user base of high fives, low sixes).

Feel free to ignore me, shout me down, point me to a more appropriate place to ask, and/or flame me mercilessly until I cry like a little girl.