[cap-talk] Ok, I'm being a bit cheeky here. I'm half way through designing a new

Tyler Close tyler.close at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 16:16:18 CST 2006

Hi Sarah,

A few years back Kevin Reid started learning capabilities and the E
programming language by designing a MUD in E. It looks like Kevin is
also on the cap-talk list, but you might have more luck getting his
attention on the e-lang list. He seems to post there more often.

Personally, I would implement in Java, with the expectation of using
the Joe-E <http://joe-e.org/> verifier to ensure I was using
capability security discipline. Joe-E is not quite ready for prime
time yet, but I'm hopeful it will be in the near future. By that time,
I'll be making available a library for distributed capabilities, that
also passes the Joe-E verifier. Jed made mention of an earlier version
of this code in his response.

What kind of user interface do you want for your MUD?

Tyler

--
The web-calculus is the union of REST and capability-based security:
http://www.waterken.com/dev/Web/

Name your trusted sites to distinguish them from phishing sites.
https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/957/