[cap-talk] Ok, I'm being a bit cheeky here. I'm half way through designing a new

Kevin Reid kpreid at attglobal.net
Wed Nov 22 17:30:05 CST 2006

On Nov 21, 2006, at 9:49, Sarah Crowther wrote:

> Ok, I'm being a bit cheeky here. I'm half way through designing a
> new MUD system, details available on request, and I found I needed
> a good access control system. I was pointed towards Capability
> Systems as a solution, and they look perfect. Only problem - I have
> no idea how to implement one, even less in the system I am putting
> in place for my MUD (should be relatively easy, if I knew what I
> was doing).
>
> I would appreciate any pointers, and/or people rushing to help me
> code to get their name up in lights (or more likely hidden in
> little letters in the source code for a MUD which will never
> achieve anything other than a listing on MudConnector and an
> average user base of high fives, low sixes).

I'd be glad to help explain capabilities and their implementation in
a real-time conversation, if you'd like. Name your medium. MUD
address? IRC channel (I can be found in irc.freenode.net #erights)?
Skype?

The mud project that Tyler Close mentioned can be found at
   http://homepage.mac.com/kpreid/elang/den.html
.