[cap-talk] CONGRATULATIONS (was: MLS gone bad - now capabilities?)

Jonathan S. Shapiro shap at eros-os.com
Wed Nov 29 23:29:53 CST 2006

On Wed, 2006-11-29 at 21:02 -0800, Mark S. Miller wrote:
> Jonathan S. Shapiro wrote:
> > [...]  as of two
> > months ago there are now *three* second-round SBIR-funded efforts based
> > on derivatives of the KeyKOS technology: one on Landau's CapROS
> > continuation of EROS and the other two around my own Coyotos successor.
> > These amount to $2.5m (including the first rounds) over a roughly two
> > year total period. Our group, and I believe Charlie's, both anticipate
> > serious commercial deployments.
>

> CONGRATULATIONS!! To both of you. This is tremendous news!

Just to clarify: the $2.5M number includes the respective Phase-I
amounts (three awards at ~$100k each), and I'm making an assumption
about the magnitude of the CapROS contract. That assumption should be
fairly reliable.

I should be clear that in the case of the two Coyotos contracts, more
than half of the funding is going to product development, integration,
and testing activities rather than technology development. Of the ~$1.5M
awarded in the TEG/AFCO collaborations, roughly $0.5M is flowing through
to The EROS Group.

However, these two engagements have prompted other interactions as well,
and it is now very likely that Coyotos will be used in MRI and surgical
products as well.

shap