[cap-talk] Last Call for ref_send API 1.0

Tyler Close tyler.close at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 12:16:53 CDT 2007

On 4/10/07, Kevin Reid <kpreid at mac.com> wrote:
> Is there a reason this is silent?

So that I can give a resolver to two different objects without
creating a communication channel between them. Allowing detection of
the state of the promise provides a 1 bit communications channel.

> It seems to me that this would hide mistakes.

Perhaps, but I don't have any particularly scary examples.

The web-calculus is the union of REST and capability-based security:

Name your trusted sites to distinguish them from phishing sites.