[cap-talk] cap-talk Digest, Vol 44, Issue 15

ken ken at sipantic.net
Fri Dec 7 10:03:58 EST 2007

Hi, Duncan
Contact me on ken at sipantic.net any time and we can set up a meet.
Safe trip

-----Original Message-----
From: cap-talk-bounces at mail.eros-os.org
[mailto:cap-talk-bounces at mail.eros-os.org] On Behalf Of Duncan Grove
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2007 7:04 PM
To: cap-talk at mail.eros-os.org
Subject: Re: [cap-talk] cap-talk Digest, Vol 44, Issue 15

Hi Ken and cap-talk in general,

As Toby mentioned, I will be attending ACSAC to present an overview
paper on our organisation's Annex project, whose security layer is
founded on object-capabilities. (I will try and make a copy of the paper
available after the conference).

While I'm there I'd love to meet up with any cap-talkers that may be
around. I arrive in Miami Beach on Saturday night and am there until the
following Saturday morning. Drop me an email at
duncan.grove at internode.on.net if you'd like to meet up, or seek me out
at the conference and say hi!

Best regards,
Duncan
> Message: 4
> Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 21:25:05 +0000
> From: Toby Murray <toby.murray at comlab.ox.ac.uk>
> Subject: Re: [cap-talk] ACSAC '07 (was: Architectural Choices for
> 	Security:	terminology)
> To: "General discussions concerning capability systems."
> 	<cap-talk at mail.eros-os.org>
>
> I'm not attending ACSAC, but I hope that someone from the research group
> I used to work in will be, since they're presenting a paper there on the
> capability-based security architecture that was developed for a ubicomp
> testbed they're working on.
>
> The paper is "An Overview of the Annex System" by Duncan Grove et al.
> and might be of interest to those who find practical applications of
> capability-based/object-cap security interesting. I'm afraid I don't
> have a copy to pass around at the moment but hopefully Duncan can chime
> in here with a bit more info.
>
> On Fri, 2007-11-16 at 13:32 -0500, ken wrote:
>
>> > Will anyone on this list be attending Twenty-Third Annual Computer
Security
>> > Applications Conference (ACSAC) December 10-14, 2007, Miami Beach
Resort and
>> > Spa, Miami Beach, FL, USA?
>> > If so perhaps we could find time to meet. I have no plan (as yet) to
attend
>> > but I am a short drive away.
>> > Ken Hamer-Hodges
>> > ken at sipantic.net

IMPORTANT: This email remains the property of the Australian Defence
Organisation and is subject to the jurisdiction of section 70 of the CRIMES
ACT 1914.  If you have received this email in error, you are requested to
contact the sender and delete the email.