[cap-talk] David Wagner's Google techtalk is now up!

David Wagner daw at cs.berkeley.edu
Thu Dec 13 01:21:47 EST 2007

Mike Samuel <mikesamuel at gmail.com> writes:
>Does Joe-E provide a tamed equivalent to
>java.lang.reflect.Proxy.newProxyInstance?

Yes: org.joe_e.reflect.Proxies.proxy().

>If it does, then having access to an interface's class object allows you to
>proxy that interface.

In Joe-E, Class objects are ambiently available and therefore must
not (and do not) convey authority.  For instance, you can always write
  Class c = Foo.class;
to get a Class object for class Foo.

By the way, you don't need reflection to proxy an interface.  If you
know statically what interface you want to proxy and how you want to
handle all method calls to that interface, you can just write a class
that implements that interface, and Bob's your uncle.

This may be an obscure tangent; if so, my apologies....