[cap-talk] Archive of December

Sam Mason sam at samason.me.uk
Sun Jan 14 19:04:00 CST 2007

On Mon, Jan 15, 2007 at 01:16:26AM +0100, Pierre THIERRY wrote:
> so I'd
> like to know if someone could send me an mbox file with the mails from
> begin of december up to the last mail of Neal...

The files in the public archive are basically mbox format.  The emails
appear to have been obfuscated slightly to make it more difficult
for spammers to find the addresses and confusing mail clients.  It's
reasonably easy to get it back to normal though, try:

  wget -O- url | gunzip | sed -r 's/^From ([^ ]+) at /From \1@/' > mbox

Where url is the file you want to convert to mbox format.

Hope that helps,
  Sam