[cap-talk] OCap CORBA, anyone? (was Re: POLA focus seen as counter productive)

Karp, Alan H alan.karp at hp.com
Tue Jun 12 20:28:42 EDT 2007

Jed wrote:

	thanks Shap, for providing the opening.
	A major advantage in this area is that one of the most respected
	people in OMG (Jishnu Mukerji) represents HP, so it would be
very
	easy for HP Labs to insert itself into the dialogs.

  Time perhaps for Alan Karp to speak up?

I hate working on standards bodies.  UDDI almost did me in.  Besides,
haven't you heard?  Federated Identity Management is one of the four
pillars of the HP security strategy.  HP even formed a new business unit
to coordinate the identity management products coming out of the
divisions.  That doesn't mean we've given up, just that the hill we have
to climb is that much steeper.

Alan Karp
Principal Scientist
Virus Safe Computing Initiative