[cap-talk] Joanna Rutkowska on Windows Vista UAC

Bill Frantz frantz at pwpconsult.com
Mon Mar 5 21:46:10 CST 2007

daw at cs.berkeley.edu (David Wagner) on Monday, March 5, 2007 wrote:

>There's been some discussion about Vista's new UAC mechanism on this
>list.  I thought people might find these blog posts about it of interest.

I happened to have <http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=109> fall into my
inbox.  It shows one of the things Joanna Rutkowska has been doing
recently.  Since I hadn't heard of her before David's links, I found her
Black Hat presentation interesting.

Cheers - Bill

Bill Frantz        |"We used to quip that "password" is the most common
408-356-8506       | password. Now it's 'password1.' Who said users haven't
www.periwinkle.com | learned anything about security?" -- Bruce Schneier