[cap-talk] Delegating Responsibility in Digital Systems: Horton's "Who Done It?"

Rob Meijer capibara at xs4all.nl
Thu May 17 04:37:31 EDT 2007

On Wed, May 16, 2007 04:04, Mark S. Miller wrote:
> Jed Donnelley, Alan Karp, and I would like your comments on our draft
> paper
>
>          Delegating Responsibility in Digital Systems:
>                    Horton's "Who Done It?"
>
> found at <http://www.erights.org/download/horton/document.pdf>
>
> We plan to submit it to USENIX HotSec 07 (Hot Topics in Security)
> http://www.usenix.org/events/hotsec07/cfp/
> which has a five page limit. Submission deadline is 6/1/2007.
>
> We think this paper is important. Your comments and suggestions will be
> greatly appreciated. Thanks!

With my unfortunately slowly ongoing work on the e-mail capkey tools as
anti spam measure, I am going at an almost similar issue in a somewhat
different way, and reading your paper I wondered if the two would be
equivalent.

In my e-mail capkey project, both Bob and Carol would supply Alice wit a
reasonable amount of 'introduction' references.
If Alice wants to introduce Bob and Carol, she would choose an unused
introduction reference of both Bob and Carol, and use it to send Bob a
message with the introduction reference to Carol, and to send Carol a
message with the introduction reference to Bob.
Alice would than step out of the loop, and Bob and Carol could use their
mutual introduction chanels to send each other the appropriate