[cap-talk] Interesting Presentation: Architectural Choices for Security

Ivan Krstić krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu
Sat Nov 10 22:10:50 EST 2007

On Nov 10, 2007, at 9:21 PM, Mark Miller wrote:
> A nit: I'm uncertain about how much credit to give the B5000. [...]
> But I don't think it actually had any appreciable security properties.

Not directly, no, but it's certainly my understanding that the B5000
program reference tables and the address space isolation they
provided were a strong influence on early thoughts given to
capability systems. I list the machine in my slide for completeness,
since I thus regard it as an important evolutionary step on the path
to capabilities. Cheers,

--
Ivan Krstić <krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu> | http://radian.org