[cap-talk] "Immutable Law" #1 is alive and well at Microsoft

Mark Miller erights at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 11:29:16 EDT 2007

On 10/5/07, Stiegler, Marc D <marc.d.stiegler at hp.com> wrote:
> [...] At MS, it would be especially easy to be unfamiliar
> with these counterexamples -- you are surrounded by worldclass top
> experts in security [...] who will tell you the immutable law is true.

I doubt it. Anyone ever hear a worldclass expert in security, whether
at MS or not, claim that this "law" is true? You can respond to me
privately if you'd like. If you do, please let me know if I can
summarize responses for the list. Thanks.

Until we get a positive response to this query, I suggest we stop
beating this straw man.