[cap-talk] Any hope in RSA 2008?

Raoul Duke raould at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 00:08:55 CDT 2008

>  > perhaps the Titanic might also help as a story which says "even those
>  > people who live and breathe POLA are going to find new issues which
>  > have to be resolved; nothing is perfect...
>
>  I guess I don't think so. Titanic was the *appearance* of POLA, not the
>  reality.

I see what you mean. However, to try to play devil's advocate for a
moment, I'm guessing that there will be at least one or two tricky
bugs or thinkos in any security system. Even with proofs you have to
So when you might say "this is POLA" maybe you are really saying "this
is something akin to real perfect POLA and gosh i'm sorry about the
zero day exploit those folks in Russia found". Just like the Titanic,
things can be darned obvious in retrospect. (But I'm just a pessimist
who really doesn't know much of anything about POLA.)

sincerely.