[cap-talk] P-1935 - on old truth and loss of control

Jonathan S. Shapiro shap at eros-os.com
Fri Feb 1 20:26:18 EST 2008

On Fri, 2008-02-01 at 15:58 -0800, Jed Donnelley wrote:
> I believe it is clear that this document
> is the scholarly basis of the concerns
> about "loss of control" in capability
> systems.

A small nit about this. This paper was widely *cited* by scholarly
papers. P-1935 did not at any time (to my knowledge) receive scholarly
review, and therefore is not a scholarly paper in itself.

I agree that P-1935 is an important document in this context. I object
only to the term "scholarly" applied to that paper.

shap