[cap-talk] Extra bang returns?

Jonathan S. Shapiro shap at eros-os.com
Thu Jul 17 13:27:23 CDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-07-17 at 18:08 +0000, Stiegler, Marc D wrote:
> So, the last message I sent out had several bang carriage return spaces injected somewhere between my sending and my receiving of the message. Anyone know why?

I'm not sure what a "bang carriage return" is, but the rewrite may have
something to do with the fact that strictly standards-compliant email
has an 80 character line width restriction, and the mailing list is
configured for text email. Once consequence is that most mail agents
line-wrap paragraphs when sending in text mode.

shap