[cap-talk] How desirable / feasible is a persistent OCAP language?

Rob Meijer capibara at xs4all.nl
Fri Jul 18 03:43:27 CDT 2008

Let me see if I can bring some of the responses and different views
together in a few rather bold statements in an attempt to understand
things and make a start at putting it into perspective.

Lets take Baldurs 4dimentional space time metaphore.

1) (Orthogonal) persistence is good for the spacial dimensions of doing
least authority, it makes doing spacial POLA much simpler, we know how to
do spacial POLA quite well so this improves the spacial integrity.

2) (Orthogonal) persistence brings out and emphasizes the need for
temporal POLA. We don't quite know how to do that and/or we are
inexperienced with handling authority in the temporal plane, what leads to
a shift of the problems that we solved in the spacial plane, to a
reemergence of these problems in the spacial plane.

Is this a correct observation, or am I taking Baldur's metaphore a bit to
far?

Rob