[cap-talk] How desirable / feasible is a persistent OCAP language?

Jonathan S. Shapiro shap at eros-os.com
Thu Jul 24 21:41:51 CDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-07-25 at 08:34 +1000, James A. Donald wrote:
> Neither the registry nor etc/config have provision to
> maintain, or even define, internal consistency.

I agree with this statement. That said, the registry is better
than /etc/config (/etc/sysconfig?), because:

  1. It has a well-defined name space.
  2. It has a schema for well-formedness. That is not the same
     as consistency, but it is a step in the right direction.

I take it that what you want is some form of schema-like specification?

shap