[cap-talk] How desirable / feasible is a persistent OCAP language?

ihab.awad at gmail.com ihab.awad at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 22:14:34 CDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 7:59 PM, Sandro Magi <naasking at higherlogics.com>
wrote:

> Except the registry is also far less user friendly to view and manage
> than something filesystem based. Persistent data is only as good as the
> tools you have to manage it.

The flip side being that, regardless of the editor you use,
/etc/sendmail.cfis still a nightmare.

I think the "text versus persistent objects" debate to which we seem to have
reduced this discussion is somehow isomorphic to the "Emacs versus IDE"
debate. Some people love to type text, while others love to see structure.
I'm optimistic that we can build a decent MVC framework that allows both
preferences to be accommodated at the view layer.

Ihab

--
Ihab A.B. Awad, Palo Alto, CA