[cap-talk] More Heresey: ACLs not inherently bad

ihab.awad at gmail.com ihab.awad at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 13:09:41 CDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 10:55 AM, Jonathan S. Shapiro <shap at eros-os.com> wrote:
> The real issue is that the kinds of things that we generally forget are
> actually parameters: like the space of dynamic libraries...

Sorry I didn't parse "the space of dynamic libraries".

In any case, note my reference to DI. These things we forget are
parameters are precisely these things that cause maintenance headaches
and testability nightmares and which the DI community has been on a
bender to make explicit.

Are you talking about the ability to load (presumably powerless) code,
e.g., as utility functions? That can be provided by a suitably
configured module loader. Yes that might need some sort of a
namespace. But making it explicit is great since now (!!) you can have
co-existent multiple versions of lib{foo} without worrying about how
the global namespace gets polluted.

Ihab

--
Ihab A.B. Awad, Palo Alto, CA