[cap-talk] Testers needed (Was: Petname tool for Firefox 3.x?)

Jed Donnelley capability at webstart.com
Mon Sep 8 13:56:53 CDT 2008

At 08:29 AM 9/7/2008, Tyler Close wrote:
>I've got a beta version of the Petname Tool for Firefox 3.x, but need
>some testers to help out before uploading this to the Mozilla addons
>site.
>
>So far, I've only tested my own installation on Windows XP. I'd like
>to hear from some other XP users, as well as Linux and Mac users.
>
>To test the beta extension, save it to your local disk from:
>
>http://waterken.sourceforge.net/petname/petname-tool-beta1.xpi
>
>Then open this file from within Firefox. Firefox should recognize the
>file as an extension and kick you into the installer.
>
>Thanks,
>--Tyler

So far it's working fine for me with Firefox 3.0.1.  Since I value the
Petname mechanism for additional assurance, I'm starting to again
depend on it right away.  I'll report any problems I see, but so
far (checked about 1/2 of my petnames - 10 of 20) things look fine.

Thanks for getting that facility working again with the most recent
version of Firefox Tyler!  Unfortunately for your testing I'm also
running it on Windows XP.

--Jed  http://www.webstart.com/jed-signature.html