[cap-talk] Google Chrome - web browser with sandboxed rendering

Karp, Alan H alan.karp at hp.com
Mon Sep 8 23:42:23 CDT 2008

Raoul Duke wrote:

> ideally, i guess: the damage would be limited (yay pola); it would
> somehow be pretty clear what went wrong; the ui would indicate how to
> resolve it and e.g. offer undo buttons for any easy cases; an average
> user whatever that means would not find the whole gestalt too
> confusing.

In our experience, users only become aware of the most extreme cases where the application starts misbehaving.  In those cases, they are told to re-polarize.  That's far simpler than trying to explain what went wrong and how to undo the effects.

Alan Karp
Principal Scientist
Virus Safe Computing Initiative
Hewlett-Packard Laboratories