[cap-talk] A Taxonomy of Current Object-Cap Systems

Bill Frantz frantz at pwpconsult.com
Wed Mar 4 20:47:12 EST 2009

toby.murray at comlab.ox.ac.uk (Toby Murray) on Wednesday, March 4, 2009 wrote:

>Notable omissions therefore include KeyKOS and
>(D)CCS (the first object-capability OSes) and Gedanken (the first
>object-capability language).

I believe that a direct descendent of KeyKOS was released by Agorics (RIP)
under an open source license. Every time I try to give it a name, I get
told, "Oh no, that's not the name. That name has IP problems."

Perhaps, borrowing from U2, Agorics should be called, "The place where the
systems have no name." :-)

Norm Hardy knows more about it than I do.

Cheers - Bill