[cap-talk] Simple Cooperative File Sharing (SCoopFS), the "F" is silent

Karp, Alan H alan.karp at hp.com
Mon Mar 9 18:12:32 EDT 2009

Dave Chizmadia wrote:

Ø  This looks like a very cool and usable application built using capability principles. I hope that it will be released as a open source component of the Waterken Server SDK. I think it would generate more extensive interest in Waterken and possibly stimulate complementary extensions and new services.

Thanks.  The current version is the first prototype, which has the primary function of telling us what we should have written.  The lack of an actual architecture shows in several places and may make it unsuitable as a reference implementation for Waterken.

Ø  Instead of using the terms "Create a new Pal without Webkey" and "Create a new Pal with Webkey" you should instead use the terms "Send New Pal Invitation" and "Accept New Pal Invitation", respectively. This would be consistent with the UI in most chat systems for "buddies".

I like it.  In fact, I just change the UI to show exactly that.

Alan Karp
Principal Scientist
Virus Safe Computing Initiative
Hewlett-Packard Laboratories