[cap-talk] Webkeys vs. the web

Stiegler, Marc D marc.d.stiegler at hp.com
Tue Mar 24 19:37:32 EDT 2009

 > >in the browser. Indeed, one of the amusing consequences of
> waterken is,
> >you pick up where you left off even when you go to a new browser, as
> >long as you take the bookmark with you :-)
>
> You guys, always with the bookmarks.

To which the obvious retort is "You guys, always with the passwords, and the clickjacks, and the spoofs, and the phish" :-)

Ah! Here's the solution: require all users to plug in their RealID cards. Yeah, that'll fix us for good. And forever. Will the RealID have some storage where we could stash some bookmarks? After all, that is a device which, by law, we will never be allowed to be without. Complaints about, "but what if I don't have it with me?" will no longer apply. Totally invasive government to the rescue!

--marcs