[cap-talk] Webkeys vs. the web

Bill Frantz frantz at pwpconsult.com
Mon Mar 30 21:47:05 EDT 2009

I can't quickly find the parts of this thread which brought up this idea,
so I'll try to explain the background in text:

Assume that you have a webkey based system which is initially accessed by
"logging on". That logon can be authenticated using a variety of
techniques, none of which are particularly capability oriented. Once you
are logged on, you are presented with a page which has all of your root
authorities, expressed as links.

If all of these links open in a different page, getting back to your root
authorities is simple, since the root page is still open. Even if you close
the root page, you can get it back by logging on again.

This pattern seems like it should be useful for a capability system UI.

Cheers - Bill