[cap-talk] state of art in capabilities

Karp, Alan H alan.karp at hp.com
Tue Mar 31 12:16:00 EDT 2009

John Carlson wrote:
> Say I wanted to use a web key capability to protect a collection of a
> single type of object (a capability per collection), and provide basic
> Create, Read, and Delete operations on the collection in a web user
> interface.  I want anonymity, sharing, revocation.  What is the state
> of the art?  What's the best approach?  I'm running Mac OS X on Intel.
I prepared a mockup of such a UI for Open Cirrus, the HP-Intel-Yahoo cloud effort,

which I believe can be implemented with JavaScript using YUI,

You can also look at Adobe FlexBuilder for building the UI in Flash, which is what we used for SCoopFS.

Alan Karp
Principal Scientist
Virus Safe Computing Initiative
Hewlett-Packard Laboratories