Anouncing the (somewhat broken) E v0.7.1 release
Mark S. Miller
Tue, 10 Nov 1998 13:20:33 -0800
The good news:
* Starting to flesh out the E book draft (Thanks MarcS!)
with several draft chapters up ready for your attack ;)
* Agreed syntax for tuple and mapping expressions
* At no performance cost, ELib no longer breaks when run under jvm that
don't correctly intern literal strings. Likewise, it's also tolerant of
being handed non-interned verbs.
* Initialization of cyclic data structures works great! (as documented in
the chapter "Defining Variables")
* Quasi-strings can now contain arbitrary nested expressions or patterns,
not just variable names.
* Lots and lots of minor improvements and bug fixes, like replacing
"containsKey" with "maps".
The bad news:
* Pending figuring out cvs & other weirdness, the javadocs have
disappeared, as well as the *.zip files for downloading. The *.gzip files
should still be available. Because I couldn't get "cvs export" to work,
the download inappropriately contains lots of CVS subdirectories.