FW: Having Exported Jobs, Export Telnet Sessions, Not Crypto

Tyler Close tyler@anguillanet.com
Tue, 24 Nov 1998 19:29:25 -0400

I am by no means a cryptography or law expert, but I think I remember
reading that the US also has laws against exporting what it calls
crypto-with-a-hole. This refers to applications which have been designed to
use cryptography and support a plug and play type interface for the actual
algorithm used. Since E could definitely be characterised this way, I think
the question needs to be answered by someone knowledgeable before any
distribution is done.

> The offshore site at http://www.cypherpunks.to will be happy to host an E
> download.  We still need to find someone off-shore to integrate
> the cryptix
> library into the system.  (The model I have in mind is similar to the one
> C2 used with Stronghold.)

Assuming that I could be convinced that nothing bad would happen to me, I
would be willing to attempt this integration. I am currently living in
Anguilla.

Tyler