Ueli tests on variations of ECSecureRandom

Bill Frantz frantz@communities.com
Wed, 07 Oct 1998 18:26:38 -0700


[This message has be bcc:ed to an Electric Communities internal mailing
list for archiving.]

I ran both the old MD5 plus a longword call count generator and the new one
based on Arc5 I posted last week through Maurer's statistical test.  I used
my Java translation of David Honig's <honig@sprynet.com> implementation of
Ueli M Maurer's "Universal Statistical Test for Random Bit Generators".
Thanks for posting it David.

I ran the tests with continuous seeding turned on and with it turned off.
All tests ran for the maximum 66,191,360 samples.  Here are the results.


MD5 generator w/continuous seeding
c:\tmp>java Ueli
UELI 5 October 1998
L=16 65536 66191360
Init done
fTU=15.167591716444672

Expected value for L=16 is 15.167379


MD5 generator wout/continuous seeding
[d:\tmp\classes]java Ueli
UELI 5 October 1998
L=16 65536 66191360

Init done
fTU=15.1671991451527

Expected value for L=16 is 15.167379


Arc5 generator w/continuous seeding
[d:\tmp\classes]java Ueli
UELI 5 October 1998
L=16 65536 66191360
Init done
fTU=15.16759015541331

Expected value for L=16 is 15.167379


Arc5 generator wout/continuous seeding
[d:\tmp\classes]java Ueli
UELI 5 October 1998
L=16 65536 66191360

Init done
fTU=15.16712374546807

Expected value for L=16 is 15.167379


I don't see a lot of meaningful difference in these results.