else if

Marc Stiegler marcs@skyhunter.com
Thu, 15 Oct 1998 09:34:41 -0700

>I neither have Bjarne's skills at reading the likely sociology of my
>audience, nor his degree of willingness to compromise with crap, so E is
>probably already doomed.  In any case, it is helpful to push me towards
>accepting less crap from Java, but don't be surprised when I push back.

I will state the issue more strongly. Markm's natural personal propensity is
to fail on the side of excellence and revolution, rather than on the side of
crappy evolution. The size of this propensity is gargantuan. Consequently,
any time markm thinks, despite his inclinations, that maybe he ought to go
with a crappy evolutionary choice, he is almost certainly right :-)
Assuming, that is, that we want more than 50 people in the world to use this
language :-)

--marcs