Next little problem with new E

Marc Stiegler marcs@skyhunter.com
Sat, 13 Feb 1999 00:02:18 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01BE56E4.1EE970A0

So, I retrofit secure Echat to work with the new E, build a new source =
eChat from the version in the chapter that you sent me, fix the import =
statements.
=20
So I bring up 2 copies of the program on my computer, write out a URI =
file, everything's good until I read the file with the URI and try to =
connect; the copy that reads the file and makes the first attempt to =
send a message now gives me the following error in the DOS window:=20

Warning: failed to load the IJCE.properties file.
Make sure that the CLASSPATH entry for IJCE is an absolute path.
=20
The obvious answer, of course, is to give IJCE an absolute path. Alas, I =
still get the same message when I use the command line:
=20
bin\jre -cp =
eJar.jar;swing.jar;d:\programs\jre11\alg.jar;d:\programs\jre11\ijce.jar;d=
:\programs\jre11\spt.jar;oromatcher.jar  =
org/erights/e/elang/syntax/EMain eChat\eChat4.txt
=20
wherein all the cryptix items are given absolute paths.

On the off chance that the problem was that cryptix locks its properties =
open for writing so you can't run 2 programs out of the same jar, I =
duplicated the entire jre/e/cryptix world and ran my second program out =
of the second directory.

Any idea what is going on here?
=20
--marcs
=20

=20

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01BE56E4.1EE970A0

So, I retrofit secure Echat to work = with the new=20 E, build a new source eChat from the version in the chapter that you = sent me,=20 fix the import statements.

So I bring up 2 copies of the = program on my=20 computer, write out a URI file, everything's good until I read the file = with the=20 URI and try to connect; the copy that reads the file and makes the first = attempt=20 to send a message now gives me the following error in the DOS window:=20

Warning:=20 failed to load the IJCE.properties file.
Make sure that the CLASSPATH = entry=20 for IJCE is an absolute path.

The obvious answer, of course, is to give IJCE an = absolute=20 path. Alas, I still get the same message when I use the command=20 line:

bin\jre -cp=20 eJar.jar;swing.jar;d:\programs\jre11\alg.jar;d:\programs\jre11\ijce.jar;d= :\programs\jre11\spt.jar;oromatcher.jar =20 org/erights/e/elang/syntax/EMain eChat\eChat4.txt

wherein all the cryptix items are given absolute=20 paths.

On the off chance that the problem was that cryptix = locks its=20 properties open for writing so you can't run 2 programs out of the same = jar, I=20 duplicated the entire jre/e/cryptix world and ran my second program out = of the=20 second directory.