more on ijce.jar

Marc Stiegler marcs@skyhunter.com
Sat, 13 Feb 1999 11:39:03 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0004_01BE5745.74DC30E0

In case it helps, this is the section of the code where eChat blows =
up--the last message I get is the "got clobbered" message. I get the =
remote URI, send the remote object a reference to my object, and the =
result is broken. It does pause noticeably to come to the conclusion =
that it is broken.

myFriend:=3D getObjectFromURI(friendURI)
showMessage("me", "obj" + myFriend)
define result :=3D myFriend <- receiveFriend(myChatReceiver)
result <- whenResolved (define observer(r) {
    if (E isBroken(r)) {
        showMessage("me", "got clobbered")
    } else {
        showMessage("me", "won against all odds")
    }
})

BTW, markm, I notice that in your batch file you startup E from Interp, =
not EMain. It seems to make no difference here--I get the "clobbered" =
message either way. Should I henceforth startup from Interp?

--marcs

------=_NextPart_000_0004_01BE5745.74DC30E0

In case it helps, this is the section of the code where eChat blows = up--the=20 last message I get is the "got clobbered" message. I get the = remote=20 URI, send the remote object a reference to my object, and the result is = broken.=20 It does pause noticeably to come to the conclusion that it is = broken.

myFriend:=3D = getObjectFromURI(friendURI)
showMessage("me",=20 "obj" + myFriend)
define result :=3D myFriend <-=20 receiveFriend(myChatReceiver)
result <- whenResolved (define = observer(r)=20 {
    if (E isBroken(r))=20 {
        = showMessage("me",=20 "got clobbered")
    } else=20 {
        = showMessage("me",=20 "won against all odds")
    }
})

BTW, markm, I notice that in your batch file you startup E from = Interp, not=20 EMain. It seems to make no difference here--I get the = "clobbered"=20 message either way. Should I henceforth startup from Interp?

--marcs

------=_NextPart_000_0004_01BE5745.74DC30E0--