Yet another puzzle

Marc Stiegler marcs@skyhunter.com
Sat, 13 Feb 1999 15:41:18 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_000F_01BE5767.4C081A40

So, in search of either new bugs or maybe fixes to the existing ones, I =
put the new e jars onto my Linux system, and rewrite my shell script to =
make the class path with the new stuff. Elmer comes up and adds 2 + 3 =
just fine. I try to run eChat, and get the error message,
=20
File not found (libecutil.so)
=20
On a hunch, I fire up Elmer again and try
=20
introducer onTheAir
=20
Yup, libecutil.so is not found. This error message comes up on my =
terminal window (i.e., the console), not as a message in the Elmer =
window.  Any idea what this one could be? My Linux box, by the way, does =
not have a phone connection set up, but it does have a hardwired IP =
address, and was in communication with my laptop via ethernet at the =
time of this failure. In my ignorance of Linux, it looks like *.so files =
are pretty generic designations for Linux libraries, but sure enough =
there is nowhere on my computer (or my slackware installation disk) a =
libecutil.so. On the other hand, I do have other networking programs =
running, notably samba, ftp, and apache.
=20
Networking....it's just never easy, is it?  :-)
--marcs

------=_NextPart_000_000F_01BE5767.4C081A40

So, in search of either new bugs or = maybe fixes=20 to the existing ones, I put the new e jars onto my Linux system, and = rewrite my=20 shell script to make the class path with the new stuff. Elmer comes up = and adds=20 2 + 3 just fine. I try to run eChat, and get the error = message,

File not found = (libecutil.so)

On a hunch, I fire up Elmer again = and=20 try

introducer onTheAir

Yup, libecutil.so is not found. This error message = comes up on=20 my terminal window (i.e., the console), not as a message in the Elmer=20 window.  Any idea what this one could be? My Linux box, by the way, = does=20 not have a phone connection set up, but it does have a hardwired IP = address, and=20 was in communication with my laptop via ethernet at the time of this = failure. In=20 my ignorance of Linux, it looks like *.so files are pretty generic = designations=20 for Linux libraries, but sure enough there is nowhere on my computer (or = my=20 slackware installation disk) a libecutil.so. On the other hand, I do = have other=20 networking programs running, notably samba, ftp, and = apache.

Networking....it's just never easy, = is it? =20 :-)
--marcs
------=_NextPart_000_000F_01BE5767.4C081A40--