Casting E detail

Marc Stiegler marcs@skyhunter.com
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 14:39:31 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0004_01BE4A02.D9A4D180

BTW, markm, I just ran into a little question for you about E. In Java, =
to convert an integer into a character, the only technique I have found =
is to do a cast--there doesn't seem to be a conversion routine anywhere. =
This led me to start asking the question, "how do I do a cast like this =
in E, or is there another solution?", when I realized that even if there =
were a cast in E it wouldn't work because E only uses bigIntegers. Is =
there a method for converting E integers to char, or is this one of =
those little items I've been watching for that should be included in a =
java-based patch package for E?

--marcs

------=_NextPart_000_0004_01BE4A02.D9A4D180

BTW, markm, I just ran into a little = question=20 for you about E. In Java, to convert an integer into a character, the = only=20 technique I have found is to do a cast--there doesn't seem to be a = conversion=20 routine anywhere. This led me to start asking the question, "how do = I do a=20 cast like this in E, or is there another solution?", when I = realized that=20 even if there were a cast in E it wouldn't work because E only uses = bigIntegers.=20 Is there a method for converting E integers to char, or is this one of = those=20 little items I've been watching for that should be included in a = java-based=20 patch package for E?

--marcs
------=_NextPart_000_0004_01BE4A02.D9A4D180--