purse deposit and the Cambio

Ka-Ping Yee ping@lfw.org
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 21:57:37 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 18 Jun 1999, Ka-Ping Yee wrote:
> (It is clear to me now that a statement of exactly what exceptions
> may and may not be thrown by each method is an absolutely
> essential part of the ERTS specification.  Actually, the more i
> think about it the more concerned i am about exceptions: they
> seem to be the main thing that could make smart contracts very
> tricky to verify.)

Hi again.  Do you have any comments about the above-mentioned
exception topic?  I'm wondering about questions like to what
degree implementors of ERTP objects should protect themselves
against unknown exceptions, and how or whether it is possible
to insist that participants in ERTP only throw particular kinds
of exceptions.

Sorry if you were already planning to respond to this (your
the topic on atomicity forthcoming, but i just wanted to make
sure we didn't drop the exceptions issue).

-- ?!ng

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes."
    -- Dr. Who