Pluribus

Bill Frantz frantz@communities.com
Tue, 09 Nov 1999 15:25:27 -0800

At 11:28 AM 11/9/1999 +0000, Ben Laurie wrote:
>> I think in SSL, the receiving (server) end, needs to decide to keep or
>> reject a connection before the creating (client) end sends any Pluribus
>> messages over it.
>
>OK, so are there any remaining reasons that SSL isn't a good fit for the
>problem?

I see the following issues:

* Java vs. non-java
* Vat location (perhaps the current VLS will work
* Code to avoid the double connection problem
* Compatibility between Datacomm and SSL.  (We probably should figure out
how to do the compatibility now, even if we want to flush Datacomm, because
we are going to need it some day for some other protocol.)