Pluribus

Bill Frantz frantz@communities.com
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 18:12:24 -0800

At 01:38 PM 11/11/1999 +0000, Ben Laurie wrote:
>Bill Frantz wrote:
>> * Vat location (perhaps the current VLS will work
>
>As I said earlier, surely this is an orthoganal problem?

We will have to be sure the both connection modes can use the VLS.

>> * Code to avoid the double connection problem
>
>Again, does this really count as an issue with transport?

Move it around where you will, it is still an issue.  :)

>> * Compatibility between Datacomm and SSL.  (We probably should figure out
>> how to do the compatibility now, even if we want to flush Datacomm, because
>> we are going to need it some day for some other protocol.)
>
>What is Datacomm?

Datacomm is the data communication layer of pluribus.  If we can figure out
how to allow these two, quite different approaches to coexist, then we are
well on our way to multi-protocol support.