FW: Revisiting gnu.bytecode and gnu.expr

Mark S. Miller markm@caplet.com
Mon, 04 Oct 1999 00:33:26 -0700

At 08:51 PM 10/3/99 , Paul Snively wrote:
>...  You can use and re-distribute a class
>without restriction (in source or binary form) as long as you use a
>version has not been modified in any way from a version released
>by Per Bothner, ...
>
>Does this help with the ability to use gnu.bytecode and gnu.expr in the E
>compiler, or do we still need to urge Per to move to the LGPL?

As long as we believe we will be happy for a *long* time not to make such changes, this is adequate to include these classes (source & binary) in the E distribution.  However, I would be *much* happier if Per moved to LGPL.  I would still greatly appreciate it if you contacted him.  Thanks.