Other anticipated changes for 0.8.5, Part 2

Mark S. Miller markm@caplet.com
Fri, 22 Oct 1999 21:51:39 -0700

At 07:47 PM 10/22/99 , Mark Shepard wrote:
>It's trivial code, so public domain.  I'll prepend a header stating such
>onto the shlink/* files.

Got 'em.  Public domain is super!  Could you put such a header on your setup.bat as well?  Let me know when, and I'll grab it again.

You used to have a setenv.bat in that directory as well.  I take it I don't need that?

>BTW, MarkM: since sending you mail on this topic, I noticed
>erights.org/csrc/link.cpp contains similar "Windows Shortcut-manipulating"
>code in a JNI wrapper -- it doesn't seem to be referenced from other E sources
>and seems intended for creating shortcuts specifically related to Avatars.

Thanks for pointing this out.  I've been keeping around the native C code that we were using for Habitat, but not using it myself currently, since I want to ensure that E runs on pure Java.  It hadn't occurred to me to look there for install/startup code.  Nevertheless, I'll start with yours, since yours is written for the present context.

Thanks again!